PSY-RSS04 Presenting Research: Matters of Form
0.5 semester credits
Introduces students to the two potential formats for School of Psychology dissertations. Helps student understand what information should be contained in the various chapters and sections of a dissertation using either format. Provides extensive training in the logic and methods for table construction using APA format.
Delivery Method: In person
Grading Default: Credit/No Credit Only
1. Understand the differences between quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, and theoretical dissertations.
2. Understand the structural specifications for the traditional and for the alternative “publication-ready” dissertation format.
3. Be able to prepare the written dissertation according to APA and FGU style requirements.
4. Know what belongs in each section of the dissertation.
5. Be able to prepare simple statistical tables using APA format.
Add to Catalog (opens a new window)