Oct 17, 2019
The School of Leadership Studies offers a multidisciplinary path to scholarship for professionals who want to expand their knowledge, improve their research skills, and create a more reflective practice. Guided by principles of social responsibility, the School of Leadership emphasizes a scholar-practitioner model of engaged learning and develops leaders who are agents of change in their own communities and across the globe. Our students learn to understand, evaluate, and change conditions in the world that are responsible for social and ecological injustices. Through collaborative and customized programs, you can acquire the skills and knowledge you need to implement meaningful change where you live and work.
Our programs cater to the diverse life experiences, learning styles, and complex schedules of adult learners. Our students and alumni use their degrees as consultants, educators, and professional to inform relevant action and discover theoretical insights in support of a more just and equitable world.
- Our PhD in Infant & Early Childhood Development is a multidisciplinary doctoral program in mental health and developmental disorders such as autism spectrum, sensory integration, ADHD, and mood disorder.
- Our Doctor of Education program is a minimal residency program that provides doctoral level research and practice through independent study in a collaborative environment.
- Doctoral degree programs with pathway master’s degrees awarded along the way in Human Development and Organizational Development & Change combine individual mentoring, small group study, localized seminars, and conference-based workshops to support scholarly research.
Students in our doctoral programs can complete their electives using any of the electives offered by the above doctorates, as well as structure their elective choices to complete specific concentrations in:
- Community College Leadership for Change
- Creative Longevity & Wisdom
- Dual Language
- Evidence Based Coaching
- Inclusive Leadership for Social Justice
- Leadership of Higher Education Systems
- Media, Technology, & Innovation
- Organization Development
- Reflective Practice/Supervision
- Somatics, Phenomenology and Communicative Leadership
- Sustainability Leadership
Graduate certificate programs link practical theories with immediately applicable tools. Our certificate programs include:
Evidence Based Coaching Program
Human Development/Organizational Development and Change Program
Infant & Early Childhood Development Program
Leadership for Change Program
Organizational Development & Leadership Program